Overnight cannabis delivery is a useful service among those using cannabis for severe pain management. Furthermore, using cannabis to treat painful symptoms is increasing in popularity as an alternative to over the counter pharmaceutical drugs. Marijuana could assist in relieving some types of chronic pain- including difficult to manage pain stemming from inflammation and nerve damage.
According to this report by the U.S Department of Health and Human Services, chronic pain is the primary cause of long-term disability in the U.S. Additionally, chronic pain is estimated to affect more people than the combined number of people suffering from diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
While there is still minimal approval for marijuana-based products from the FDA (the United States Food and Drug Administration), more people are turning to the medicinal use of marijuana to alleviate their symptoms. However, more in-depth research is required to study the full spectrum of the effects that marijuana has on the human body and mind.
A large number of people that have begun using marijuana for medical reasons present an even larger body of anecdotal evidence suggesting that the cannabinoids and compounds within the plant could be helpful in reducing pain.
Furthermore, some research suggests that there are different strains that could be more helpful than others in relieving pain. However, there is an argument that the different strains are not so different after all. Despite this, there are many users to do claim that some strains, due to the strain’s specific genetic profile and differing levels of cannabinoids, are more conducive to reducing pain.
In this article, we will present the different strains of marijuana that could be best for managing pain.
Best Marijuana Strains for Pain
At present, the cannabis plant is classified into three major types:
- Cannabis Indica
- Cannabis Sativa
- Hybrids (combination on indica and sativa)
It is important to bear in mind that while there are many different “pain relieving strains” available for overnight cannabis delivery, the pain relieving properties of the following strains are not medically proven.
However, as mentioned before, there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence on this topic. According to a survey done in 2014, the results published on the Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine showed that the majority of the 95 participants preferred to use Indica strains for managing pain and painful symptoms as well as sedation. Sativa strains were preferred for mood enhancement and upliftment. While the results in this study are in accordance with the general popular opinion among many cannabis users, the study in itself has certain limitations; it was small in scale, uncontrolled and relied largely on self-report and diagnosis.
A more controlled study, in which the participants were studied over the course of 3 years, indicated similar results. This study focused on participants suffering from a variety of medical conditions, over 50% of which were HIV positive. However, the study indicated that the indica strains showed positive results when used to improve energy and mood.
However, the most important factor when it comes to choosing a cannabis strain to manage pain is not simply whether it is an indica or sativa; it depends largely on the levels of THC and CBD. Studies show that the most effective strains for pain relief are those that contain high levels of both of these Phytocannabinoids. Additionally, emerging research showing that beyond just THC and CBD is also the effect of terpenes and other cannabinoids. If you are an individual looking for the best pain relieving strain to order for overnight cannabis delivery, then bear in mind that you may have to sample a few before you find the strain that works best for you. Additionally, you may want to sample different application and ingestion methods. Even though smoking and vaporizing deliver almost instantaneous results, it can be beneficial to read more about different consumption methods. There are many different options available but here is a list of the best pain relieving cannabis strains according to cannabis users:
- General Pain:
– Sativa dominant hybrid
– THC: CBD ratio of 1:20
– Excellent for pain relief for those that also suffer from nervousness and anxiety.
- Blackberry Kush.
– Renowned for high levels of THC
– Advised for those wanting to experience a heady high and deep pain relief.
– High CBD Sativa strain
– Users report experiences that are happy, euphoric and clear-headed
– Recommended for daytime use because of the ability to create a focused and alert mindset
– CBD: THC Ratio of 5:2
- Blue Widow.
– Hybrid with a slight dominance of indica
– Purported for anti-inflammatory quality
– High in terpene caryophyllene
– Uplifting and calming
– Is also used by many suffering from insomnia
- Headaches and Migraines
- Purple Arrow
– Provides heavy pain relief although does not cause sedation
– Users claim this is one of the best strains for pain relief as it works almost immediately without inducing a heavy body high and keeps the mind alert.
- Blueberry Headband
– Hybrid (50/50)
– Users describe the effects of this strain as going “straight to the head”
– One of the best strains for a headache and migraine relief
– Cerebral effect and simultaneous bodily relaxation
– High THC Indica
– Successful for many users in relieving cramps and pain
– Is known for its heavy body high, physical body feels weighed down and muscles are relaxed
– Despite the heavy body high, it is also known to spark mental euphoria and creativity
- Redwood Kush
– High THC Indica
– Promotes physical and mental relaxation
– Sedative effects make this strain perfect for nighttime use. It is known not be good for mental clarity or focus
– Used by many suffering from insomnia
Always remember that are many different strains available for overnight cannabis delivery, and if you are looking to use cannabis medically then it is always best to have a chat with your trusted healthcare professional before you do so. Because there are several strains available for you to use if one strain doesn’t quite reduce your symptoms as you wish then try a different one. If you are just starting out and are unsure of the dosage or strength of a particular strain then start low and you can adjust the dosage accordingly.